Current Best GU10 LED Lamps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's been a lot of threads recently discussing the merits of LED lighting.

I'm looking to replace 8 GU10 CFL's with LED lamps.

From searching, Warm White is the colour to go for.

These seem to be favoured:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200613464...4.m1439.l2649&clk_rvr_id=405255603832&afsrc=1

How do they compare with 50W GU10's and 11W CFL GU10's on light output?

Which lamps would you choose?

What about beam angle?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The only problem with those is the look like absolute **** when they are off.

I am big fan of Philips LED GU10's, In the room I'm in now, I've got 6 x Philips Ambience (cheap ones) in Warm White, with a 36D angle and only 4W each, and they are only marginally dimmer than 50W.

Philips Master are a bit more expensive but right now they look the bomb

Yeah, unfortunately, they're like the CFL's: longer, and they stick out of my fixed lampholder fittings.

Sponsored Links
Most of these seem to be the equivalent of 35W, not 50 and a beam angle around the late thirties.

Are there any (that you recommend) that are the equivalent of 50W & 60 degrees?

I'm trying to match the lamps that preceded the current CFL's. ;)

I recently replaced some outdoor lights with 3 x 3w (9w) led lamps and they are excellent. They were only £4 each and give the same brightness and colour as the original gu10s. They actually give a cleaner beam of light that the gu10s. Dimmable too. Make sure you get warm white if you want a similar colour temp.

This kind of thing...
gu10-9w-super-bright-cree-led-special-offer-%5B2%5D-13-p.jpg

I've been using these fro about 6 months (at home) http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LTGU9W.html

LTGU7W.JPG

The light is better than the 50w halo they have replaced. Have used some of the lower watt ones in areas that are light, but not reading power light.

The daylight white is crisp, but on white surfaces such as the basins, wc and bath they do have a slight sodium tint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back