CFL or LED

John - your reply just popped up. Thanks, that TLC bulb looks just perfect.
You're very welcome, and I hope it suits you. However, don't forget the caveat that, without trying, one cannot be certain how happy any particular LED lamp will be when fed from a high frequency source.
Edit: Forget that nonsense. I was thinking of another current thread - and my comment was of no relevance to your situation!!

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Forgot to ask. Only one of the CFL lamps has gone, can I just do a straight swap with a LED lamp and replace the other CFLs as they go, or should I replace all the CFLs with LEDs now?

Sponsored Links
Some feedback on how it went.

Tried the bulb from Toolstation, it was OK but as expected a bit "yellow". eBay had lots of LEDs but some were unbranded, some thought a 40 degree spread was wide beam and some had long delivery times. In the end went with TLC because I've bought bulbs from them a while back and they were great, plus there's a branch not too far away so I could pick them up straight away.

How are the TLC LEDs?, totally FAB! They really are daylight, right from the off, no waiting for them to warm up like my old CFLs.

So thank you to everyone who commented. I've seen the light and it's LED!

The shape of the beam has little to do with the type of light source, and much to do with the design of the envelope and reflector.

images
Check out what Big Clive (I think - I'm sure I'll be corrected if I've got the wrong guy) in YouTube has to say about some of those before buying any.

Whoops. That will teach me that I really have to try harder to keep concurrent threads separate in my mind!
According to popular stereotypes, you could try gender reassignment.

Although that may be considered trying too hard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back