guarantees

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive posted a similar thread on the trade talk part of this forum, i may have a loft conversion to start and the customer is asking for a guarantee. Ive been plastering 20 years and have never needed to give a guarantee or have been asked for one but a loft conversion is different to skimming a dining room. Im not sure what kind of guarantee i can offer, without just my word or a written document to say as such what would you expect or what is on the market. What kind of guarantee do you offer? What guarantee have you got and is it worth the paper its written on? cheers.

Sponsored Links
You might consider guaranteeing that the work will be done under LABC control, bearing in mind that you're obliged to notify completion of the work so that a certificate can be issued.

Why don't you start by asking them what they would like to be included in the guarantee.

Not too sure what you could guarantee with a plastering job ... Other than the obvious ... It must be flat and stay attached to whatever it was plastered to :LOL:

Good luck

MW

Cheers softus, building control will be involved from the start so i will mention this, MW im doing the loft from scratch not just skimming it so what type of guarantee would you expect? Does anyone use or have dealings with insurance backed guarantees?

Sponsored Links
In a loft you've got to be thinking about fire resistance, not that I know much about that, but I'm sure plenty on here will.

Back