Written Guarantee

Yep, the old BAS is back in full form.

But no, wait, what's this, BAS writes "I might be wrong". Alert the news services, there seems to have been a seismic shift :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back on full form?

I never lost the ability to notice when some fool thinks he can "quote" this:
I'm pretty sure that responsibility does not extend to including consequential losses.
and say
You did not mention SOGA in that statement
When what I originally wrote looked like this:
.. a fault on the washer that in law is the responsibility of the retailer under SOGA.
I'm pretty sure that responsibility does not extend to including consequential losses.

Back on full form?

Even on an off day I'm always going to be brighter than you.

When you buy goods from a trader you enter into a contract which is controlled by many laws including the Sale of Goods Act 1979. The law gives you certain - sometimes referred to as statutory - rights under this contract.

DAMAGES
You are entitled to claim damages from the trader to cover your losses if they were caused as a direct result of the goods being faulty . This is called consequential loss. For example, if your washing machine developed a fault and clothing was torn, you could claim for the cost of the clothing as well as seeking repair, replacement, full or partial refund from the trader.

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back