Gurgling drains plug holes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have just installed me new bathroom, got around to connecting the toilet pipe water, hot and cold, sorted out a leak from the bottom of the toilet, it was an iffy washer, anyway, i connected it all up and pulled the flush, waited and pulled the flush again, i check the back of the toilet for leak, it was fine, i was busy in the bathroom after that and then heard gurgling, it sounded like it was in the outer drain pipe, then i head a gurgle through the bath plug, which is a gully type, i went down stairs and could smell like a sulphur smell in the kitchen, and on the way back up thought i'd pull the downstairs toilet flush, then quickly run upstairs and pull the new flush, and this time water come out the back of the upstairs toilet, so i have removed it, is this normal, all the work is new fitting, i have an outside vent, on top the stack which is brand new, anybody give me some advice how to solve this problem please. or is this normal?.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean water came out the back of the upstairs toilet?

No it's not normal , you have either done something wrong or you have a blockage

Hi Andy, i can't understand why i would have a blockage, it was running bath water fine in this pipe, i have since installed an upstairs toilet, and now
it's causing problems, could it be something else perhaps, thanks

Sponsored Links
Manholes are not blocked i have ran a hose pipe down both of them and the water goes away it doesn't block, could it be a faulty Air vent valve ? thanks

Attachments

• aav valve.jpg
    aav valve.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 251
  • drain 1.jpg
    drain 1.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 229
  • drain 2.jpg
    drain 2.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 232
  • drain.jpg
    drain.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 254
  • drian 3.jpg
    drian 3.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 252
  • **** pipe.jpg
    **** pipe.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 242
Get someone to flush the toilet with you looking into the manhole.

Andy
We can't find a drain that shows that happening i have put pictures of all the drains we have in front and back garden, we are starting to think that the other drain has been covered somewhere else and we don't know where to look, there are no visible signs of any other drains, anywhere thanks Andy

Put a hose pipe down the soil stack and turn the water on, if the bath fills up then you have a blockage, otherwise you should see water flowing into a manhole.

Andy

Hi Andy, i just spoke to my next door neighbour, she said that the drains are in a neighbours house next to her, so just went around there and they are, i pulled my flush with tissue paper in it ans by the time i ran around there, he said that they flowed through that drain, and he herd a gurgling sound too, the drain if fine no blockage at all, what do you think ?? thanks

Get the neighbour to flush their toilet while you are at their manhole and see if there are any noises.

Andy
His wife said that their toilet is always getting blocked because of what the kids put down there, could that be it ?? thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back