Gurgling noise coming from feed pipe to pump

• Thread starter moviemakernow
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moviemakernow

I have just had the boiler replaced on my CH. Replaced an old Potterten RS40 with a new Vailant ECO TECH 418 condensing heat only boiler. Everything went ok system now working and ruining nice and hot.

I have one problem that I can't work out. The pipe that feeds the CH pump has water gurgling in it. It's quite nosey. Now when I switch the pump to the second speed setting the gurgling stops but pump is louder. When I switch the pump back to speed 1 the gurgling returns.

Now the system was power flushed and has been fully bled, defiantly no air in the system. Its been bled with system off and with full flow to make sure any air locks are removed. The system was fitted with 2 air vents so any air build up during running should automaticly vent.

Would welcome any feedback from anyone who has come across this problem before.

Sponsored Links
I have just had the boiler replaced on my CH
Then get the installer back.

If only it was that simple! He was Gas safe registered but just refuses to come back! Says it was fine when he left it so it's not his problem. I have called a couple of other company's none have come out to look at the system.

I have now checked and the noise only happens when the boiler actually fires up and runs. As soon as the boiler burner stops the gurgling stops. Is this due to the water getting to hot! This would explain why the noise stops when the pump is set to a higher speed as that would increase the flow rate and hence the water temperature.

Any helpful feedback welcome.

How long ago was it fitted?
I think the boiler may just need setting up to suit your system, but as I'm not an installer I've never commissioned one of these boilers so without looking it up I can't help you on that.

Sponsored Links
How long ago was it fitted?
I think the boiler may just need setting up to suit your system, but as I'm not an installer I've never commissioned one of these boilers so without looking it up I can't help you on that.

Boiler was only fitted 2 weeks ago! I have called Valiant and they have said noting needs changing on the boiler as it is supplied ready to use? They were not very helpfull

I would check the configuration of the cold feed and open vent first, then cut out the said pipes to check for blockages.

I would check the configuration of the cold feed and open vent first, then cut out the said pipes to check for blockages.

Well cold feed and open vent are exactly as before boiler change. Never had any issues with system with old boiler! System has been power flushed and whole system is hot so blockage not an issue. As for cutting out pipe to check! Are you MAD! That's something defiantly DIYnot!

Why would you cut out a piece of pipe work! I guess your not a plumber. Any blockage can be simply cleared by power flushing you don't have to resort to cutting out sections of pipework!

Are you MAD! That's something defiantly DIYnot!

Why would you cut out a piece of pipe work! I guess your not a plumber. Any blockage can be simply cleared by power flushing you don't have to resort to cutting out sections of pipework!

1) you are very rude.

2) you are wrong.

As for cutting out pipe to check! Are you MAD! That's something defiantly DIYnot!

I have never been clinically diagnosed as being mad, although some people think I ought to be assessed.
I've cut out many a piece of pipework.
No I'm not a plumber - I'm a heating engineer of over 30 years experience.
Not all blockages will be cleared by powerflushing, especially if it's done by a DIYer or an incompetent professional - the type you obviously employ.

Are you MAD! That's something defiantly DIYnot!

1) you are very rude.

2) you are wrong.

i'd agree with that too !!

still awaiting an answer on the other thread as well

not winning many friends on here are you!!

For someone who bangs on about how great they are in the other thread you started, your spellings shocking.

If thats what they teach at university then i'm better off where i am.

I have just had the boiler replaced on my CH. Replaced an old Potterten RS40 with a new Vailant ECO TECH 418 condensing heat only boiler. Everything went ok system now working and ruining nice and hot.

I have one problem that I can't work out. The pipe that feeds the CH pump has water gurgling in it. It's quite nosey. Now when I switch the pump to the second speed setting the gurgling stops but pump is louder. When I switch the pump back to speed 1 the gurgling returns.

Now the system was power flushed and has been fully bled, defiantly no air in the system. Its been bled with system off and with full flow to make sure any air locks are removed. The system was fitted with 2 air vents so any air build up during running should automaticly vent.

Would welcome any feedback from anyone who has come across this problem before.

Its surprising that you apparently got on to a degree course if you did not even reach "O" level English spelling.

Its almost amusing that you as a Chartered Engineer who has designed gas appliances ( Bunsen burner perhaps ? ) has to ask a dumb plumber about a very simple problem which many DIYers would be able to work out!

One wonders why your boiler installer ( dumb plumber again ) does not want to come out again to solve your problem?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back