Gurgling Vokera Linea Max

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Really appreciate any help. I have a 2 year old linea max boiler with a thermal store. Problem is when I use hot water it seems to cycle the water in the store to heat it up again, but there seems to be as much air as water. Am I right in saying this sounds like the automatic air vent? trouble it is right at the back at the top if I remove the control panel I can just about reach what I assume is the valve, (I have recently taken off the cap , more of a screw than a cap). It has been like this for as long as we have it but I can`t get rid of the air, I know it wasn`t commisioned right as the water was full of flakes but I have emptied and refilled a couple of times.

Am I correct in saying when I do refill, the air vent should be expelling air?
Can I manually let air out of these aav`s?
Does if sound as if it could be scaled up and if so how would I go about cleaning it?

I don`t think replacing it is an option as I can just about touch it never mind change it, thanks vokera great design!

I am thinking of taking a digital photo of it to see it.
recntly there is a new noise just when the boiler fires up it sounds like a rapid firing solinoid, but thats for another day I really want to get rid of this air.

Sponsored Links
I have this feeling that you may be confusing the expansion vessel air charge point ??? The vessel is usually reddish orange.

If your boiler has a built in store then there will be an AAV for the heating and an air bleed point at the top of the store for the hot water, probably spanner operated.

Its this latter bleed point that may solve your problem.

Tony Glazier

No, I know about the expansion vessel, it is a compressed red ball at the side of the boiler.

The manual only mentions one aav at the top of the boiler it is just impossible to get at. Having not seen it only felt it what I don`t know is can I stick anything down it to manually release the air or un-clog it if it is scaled up...

Hey mate if you cant see it & only touch it ur brave too try a pin in it. Theres a saying in lancashire. (Dont put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow.) If u hav removed the screw/cap try a very gentle tapping on its side with a small spanner. Best to replace screw/cap 1st incase u hav to shut it if it decides to let water out aswell as air.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I`ll try that. Will take a good few picture first just incase I am missing anything. Can`t understand why it is not venting cause when I emptied the sysytem before I definately heard it sucking air, so if it sucks it has to expell the air I would have thought...

just cannot listen to it anymore, it sounds like it is gonna die when it is gurgling the air and water..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back