Vokera Linea Max HE 04 Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having issues with a vokera linea max boiler. 04 message which says either pressure or condensate trap issues. I have checked the pressures, thawed the pipes and emptied the condensate trap. When I emptied the condensate trap the boiler started working again for about 5 mins but took a while to get the water back up to a decent temp then went off again! Could it be because I took all the water out of the trap, will it not start to refill itself? Is there anything else I can try?

Help please!

Sponsored Links
Yes, thaw out the condensate drain pipe!

Tony

As far as I can see all the pipes were thawed when I tried it, we ran warm water down the outside pipe, hair dryer inside and the flexi pipe out of the Condensate pipe seems fine? Am I missing something?

You missed telling us that you had thawed the outside pipe.

You should always refill a condensate trap as one of its functions is to seal the room against flue gases.

You need to temporarly terminate the condensate output in a bucket or container and see how long it runs for.

Also recheck the flow out of the pipe to the outside.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your assistance. I started panicing about the fumes from the boiler as the trap was empty at 2.30am and the fact that our tenant's cat was in the house so went back down and filled up the trap with water. As soon as I did that the boiler fired up and has been working since.

The tenant is now expressing concern that I have fixed it and not a qualified plumber and is worried about gas fumes. I intend to have it checked out properly when I can get someone out. Now there is water in the trap and I have ensured all of the pipes are fitted back properly is there any further risk? Is this the kind of procedure an amateur is ok to do?

Thanks again for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back