gushing water noise through pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone i have a problem with my worcester 24i rsf boiler, when i turn on the hot water taps there is a loud gushing noise right through the house from the stop cock in the kitchen upto the boiler in the loft. this dosent happen when CH is on only HW. i bought the house as a repossesion so boiler was drained down when i moved in, maybe it wasnt repressurised properly or poss something is broken?
does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, thanks Darren

Sponsored Links
Is the pressure from the stop cock too high ??? try turning the pressure down if so.

Sponsored Links
By loud gushing noise, do you mean water flow noise? Your CH is a closed circuit, or should be, and the auto air vent is fitted to this, nothing to do with DHW on this boiler. You will get some mains water flow noise when you run your hot tap, as your boiler is a combi and instantaneously heats your mains cold to give you hot water. How loud is the noise?

Its a very loud rushing water noise while the HW is running and runs right up throught the pipes from kitchen, bedroom and into the loft where the boiler is. Best way of explaining it is a toilet cistern filling very loudly

UPDATE:- after a litte experimentation ive found that if i dont turn the hot water tap on fully the noise isnt as bad, then if i also run the cold tap a the same time noise is almost gone altogether.
im thinking it could be a pressure fault causing the problems, does this sound right???

Its actually usually the opposite.....valves (especially the 1/4 turn ones) can make a hell of a racket if they aren't turned on fully.
John :)

thanks for replys lads very helpful
just found a inlet water valve not fully turned on under boiler and this is what was causing the noise.
now my problem is boiler working fine when hot water tap only partially open but when fully open runs cold, obv too much flo rate for the boiler to take, does this mean the flo restrictor valve could be faulty?
thanks again, darren

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back