Icos boiler noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am just after a bit of advise. Our boiler, which is an Icos Ideal HE12, makes a noise whenever the water is heating up. At the mo we don't have our CH switched on. The noise sounds like water travelling through the pipes, like a gushing sound. It happens when the boiler comes on in the morning, and seems to be pretty constant until the boiler switches itself off. Has anyone got any suggestions on what this could be, or how I could fix myself? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Is this on a sealed system? (no tanks in the loft) If so you may need to top up the system pressure to just over 1 Bar.

If it is sealed the filling loop may be in the airing cupboard.

If I had one of these Boilers I would see the noise as a usefull feature, as I would know that it was working before I got out of Bed in the morning!! :LOL:

Hi. I am just after a bit of advise. Our boiler, which is an Icos Ideal HE12, makes a noise whenever the water is heating up. At the mo we don't have our CH switched on. The noise sounds like water travelling through the pipes, like a gushing sound. It happens when the boiler comes on in the morning, and seems to be pretty constant until the boiler switches itself off. Has anyone got any suggestions on what this could be, or how I could fix myself? Thanks!

More than likely your system needs bleeding, if a system has not been bled for a long while you will get a chemical reaction from the various metals in the system IE; copper, brass and mild steel.
What you think is air is actually hydrogen, proven by the smell and if you place a lit match to it, it will flare for a second, try it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back