Gutted BIASI prisma 24se

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gutted!

Had problem with the bloody thing cycling so decided to try the flame detector first as it was cheapest. As expected, no improvement, SO I decided to invest in new ignition control pcb. I was so excited when it arrived that I proudly fitted it strait away, thinking my Mrs would be well pleased when she got home!!! :D

Fired the bleeder up and have exactly the same problem, it wont heat above 60C in either ch or dhw!!! :cry:

What a waste of £100
:mad:

Sponsored Links
countygardens said:
Gutted!

Had problem with the b****y thing cycling so decided to try the flame detector first as it was cheapest. As expected, no improvement, SO I decided to invest in new ignition control pcb. I was so excited when it arrived that I proudly fitted it strait away, thinking my Mrs would be well pleased when she got home!!! :D

Fired the bleeder up and have exactly the same problem, it wont heat above 60C in either ch or dhw!!! :cry:

What a waste of £100
:mad:

try checking the air pressure switch and make sure the boiler is vented and tubes on aps are ok and not put on the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
Why do so many people guess what is wrong with a boiler?

You have now spent £100.00 and solved nothing!! A decent heating engineer would have diagnosed the fault and rectified the problem by now.

Why not replace the heat exchanger £327.00 might work/ might not who cares.

How would the ignition control board affect cycling????

Cycling is caused by poor flow rates/ temp diffs on system, thermisters defective or more likely sludge and muck in boiler.

Pump running correctly? What are your temperature differentials? I would advise do some basic tests before wasting any more time and money on GUESS WORK.

Rant Over. Phew.

Hi mate,

I've just repaired a Biasi Riva Compact that had the same issue. I finally replaced the Air Pressure Switch after testing almost everything else first!!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back