Gutter length to roof area

R

Ragman

Hi

Is there any formula / rules to how long a run of guttering can be per down-pipe?

I have a 13m length of guttering with a single down pipe at one end that needs replacing. In storm it overflows at the top of the down-pipe, but it is all rather wonky. I am wondering if to much is being asked of a single down-pipe.

Info:

Vertical roof area (ie floor area covered) = 31 sq/m (for the single elevation that drains into this gutter).

Standard 1/2 round 112mm into round down-pipe

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Put it this way,if you removed the downpipe,the rain would still come over the top in heavy rain.You're not alone on this,so the choice is yours,either put in another downpipe to take the pressure away or fit extra wide gutter plus wider diameter downpipe.

Is there any formula / rules to how long a run of guttering can be per down-pipe?
I'm not aware of any rules regarding this,the only thing I do know is that the rainwater must go into a soakaway 3.5m away from the property.

Also you probably have noticed that some roofs have a lower angle about 1m from the gutter,this slow the rain down to gutter instead of shooting over the side.

Thanks chaps

The link was spot on DAZB :) ...now, where do I go to get copper guttering? ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back