Gutter over warmcore roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We replaced a conservatory that had one side against a party wall and we used a warmcore tiled roof. The customer has forms windows and previously the gutter downpipe went straight through the old roof to the drain. We've cut the down pipe so that it drains on to the new ' tiled ' roof but customer would like the pipe to be extended down the tiled roof into the conservatory gutter. Now that's easy enough , couple of angles , new downpipe, but how do we stop the downpipe moving? We can't fix to the party wall and obviously can't fix through the new roof. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Could you bend some wire and hook around a tile?

Or put 2 gutter grackets either side of the downpipe end and hook some wire around the clips.

Didn't really want to disturb the tiles to be honest, as they are only tapco plastic tiles, I'm afraid that wire might ' wear ' into them as the pipe vibrated in wind and rain

Sponsored Links
Ronny I've made pipe brackets out of 10mm copper pipe after flattening it in the past, but if you can't take a tile out then I'm not sure how you would you fit it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back