Guttering profiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there all,

I've received some really good advice on here. The last bit resulted in me getting my main pitched roof solved once and for all.

I'm gradually getting things resolved.

A couple of bits where I could do with a bit of help, please, are left.

One of them is the fact that I am in a terrace where the guy next door has a different guttering profile to mine where our downpipes meet.

Naturally this is causing dripping and occasional overflowing.

Aside from matching the profiles, is there anything that could be effective, long term, sealant wise

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you could impart, guys.

Best wishes

Niven

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Thanks for that.

One side (ours) is a "marley" type. The other, is a similar square one with rounded edges towards the base.

Is that type generally available?

Niven

Squareline gutters vary slightly in profile between manufacturers, I think it doubtful you'll get any type of union (connector) that will join squareline from different manufacturers unless the profiles are virtually identical. :cry:

Think the only option is to make a joint with a suitable gutter sealant. Alternatively trim both ends back slightly, and fit a hopper underneath connected to the downpipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back