Guttering/Rone Clips Imperial Sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone direct me to a website where I can buy guttering/rone clips in imperial sizes?

Not sure of the sizes as this is for my old mans house and he just mentioned it in the passing. Was pretty sure someone on this forum would be able to point me in the right direction. Had a quick look myself but no immediate joy.

Thanks
Baxman

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with the word 'Rone' and i'm a gutter fitter, lol :oops:

I'm only a nipper though ;)

Mw Roofline said:
I'm not familiar with the word 'Rone' and i'm a gutter fitter, lol :oops:

I'm only a nipper though ;)

the down pipe i belive ;)

Sponsored Links
i could be wrong though ;)

but as a remote scot the term slips off the tounge quite naturaly :rolleyes: ;)

Checked my spelling and it was incorrect it should be rhone, it is the guttering along the front of the roofs rather than the downpipes - wasn't aware it was a 'Jock' term any help u can offer greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Baxman :D

Baxman said:
Checked my spelling and it was incorrect it should be rhone, it is the guttering along the front of the roofs rather than the downpipes - wasn't aware it was a 'Jock' term any help u can offer greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Baxman :D

yep i think your right we used to climb the rhone pipe to get into the upstairs window

so the term rhone pipe means the pipe attached to the rhone
so although not the rhone tis nicely attached physicaly and metaphoricly :D :D :D ;)

I'm still learning big-all :LOL:

rone or rhone: roof gutter

Some may remember from playing in the street as a child the Scots word ‘rhone’ for a gutter, and the related ‘rhone’ pipe, but how familiar are you with a ‘dwang’, a strutting between floor joists, or even a ‘piend’, a Scots word for the hip which usually refers to the point where roof slates come together?

its nice to learn especialy with funny related tails or stories to help the relivent points to sink in :D :D ;)

big-all said:
its nice to learn especialy with funny related tails or stories to help the relivent points to sink in :D :D ;)

Aye, even if it doesn't actually help answer the poor chaps question :D

I bought some imperial sized cast iron rhones from William Wilson. I'm confident that they also supply the brackets.

heard of Rhonan Point ...........back in the 70`s

Casting the Rhones.....a bunch of asbo`s chucking detritus @ passers by :LOL: in the Gorbals

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back