guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me what the legal requirement is regarding guttering on semi detatched properties, has it got to be one cotinuouse run, with appropreate joins?

Sponsored Links
the requirement is for the rainwater to be efficiently collected from the roof and drained an adequate distance away (5m) from the building.

how this is done is up to the homeowner.

i guess you could use dried palm leaves if they work.

what do you mean by continuous run?

can anyone tell me what the legal requirement is regarding guttering on semi detatched properties, has it got to be one cotinuouse run, with appropreate joins?

On offence here, But you live in a property that is a joint with your neighbors property. For all it is going to cost to be repaired. Don't be so tight with your money and simply half the bill. Your just looking to fork out no money! Stop being so tight fisted and have it rectified.

Typical. Always looking for someone to blame and looking for something for nothing,

Simple just go half on the maintenance which any responsible home owner would be happy to do .

Stop trying to blame and recognize that property needs maintenance.

On offence here, But you live in a property that is a joint with your neighbors property. For all it is going to cost to be repair. Don't be so tight with your money and simply half the bill. Your just looking to fork out no money! Stop being so tight fisted and have it rectified.

Typical. Always looking for someone to blame and looking for something for nothing,

Simple just go half on the maintenance which any responsible home owner would be happy to do .

bravo!

a bit harsh though. :eek: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
On offence here, But you live in a property that is a joint with your neighbors property. For all it is going to cost to be repair. Don't be so tight with your money and simply half the bill. Your just looking to fork out no money! Stop being so tight fisted and have it rectified.

bravo!

a bit harsh though. :eek: :LOL:

Fair not harsh . :D

People in my opinion should pay for the upkeep of there home & property. If they cant afford do this for any particular reason then they must be living beyond there means.

I just don't like the thought of people looking to take advantage of others at the first chance they get, So they can squirm there way out of a few quid.

On offence here,

Yes, you certainly are!

But you live in a property that is a joint with your neighbors property.

How do you know what type of property he/she lives in?

For all it is going to cost to be repaired. Don't be so tight with your money and simply half the bill. Your just looking to fork out no money! Stop being so tight fisted and have it rectified.

What bill, what needs rectifying?

What maintenance? How do you know him/her is a home owner?

Who is he/she blaming? For what? When did they deny that properties need maintenance?

Bust bear in mind if you break the rules the punishment is chopping off the hands (girls), and castration (boys).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back