Gutters on dormers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per photo, do I want to "drain" the gutters at the rear of the dormer where it meets the main roof, and thus cause a considerable stream of rain water on the tiles, or do I want to have a down pipe at the front of the dormer so that the same stream of water has a smaller distance to cover before it finds its way into the main roof gutters? The latter is much more unsightly.

Attachments

• 2022-05-17 13_52_49-20220423_101318.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg
    2022-05-17 13_52_49-20220423_101318.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
We went with rear, we have 2 dormers so 4 1.6m ish gutters and don't see any real issues with 'streams' of water coming down the roof

Sponsored Links
As per photo, do I want to "drain" the gutters at the rear of the dormer where it meets the main roof, and thus cause a considerable stream of rain water on the tiles, or do I want to have a down pipe at the front of the dormer so that the same stream of water has a smaller distance to cover before it finds its way into the main roof gutters? The latter is much more unsightly.
At the rear...
1652808704008.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back