Gyproc easi-filler and wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've slapped a fair bit of Gyproc Easi-filler on a wall and want to put lining paper on top. The data sheets only mention preparing it for paint, to wallpaper over it do you experts think that just sizing it would be enough? Thanks for your guidance!

Sponsored Links
I would run some white matt across it first to stop the suction. Maybe size as you go then prior to hanging the paper.

Easy fill is awful stuff. Mix PVA and water 50/50 and soak as much in as you can.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. Always helpful, I'm glad to say (saving us from constantly having to recover problems).
Joe - I used easi-filler, for some reason almost the same name as easi-fill but a different product. This ones a low-slump low-shrink filler that can be used on deeper holes. Tho this time it's sunk more into old wall plug holes than I'd hoped ( or remember from last time I tried it). Might move on to Toupret next time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back