H & C Taps and aerator's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to replace some sink taps and I like the look of:-

http://www.screwfix.com/p/h-c-turn-bathroom-basin-taps-pair/52504

The think is, they come with Aerator's fitted and screwfix say that they can' be removed, I've looked at the taps and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to remove the Aerator's, but surely the taps aren't made with the Aerator's fitted, they must push, screw, clip or somehow fit them, so any idea on how I can remove them without damaging the tap, I've had a few thoughts:-

Cut off with a Stanley blade - Might chip the Chrome
Put some plyers up the Aerator's and try and leaver out - this might end in mangled Aerator's.
Try and leaver out the Aerator's - Again might chip the chrome.

The reason for not wanting the Aerator's is that we are in a very hard water area and they would soon get clogged up or just look white and horrible.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure these are screwed in.....try some snipe nosed pliers through the aerator holes and gently turn.
Chipping the chrome is most unlikely.
The taps often work better with them though, giving a more controlled jet of water.
John :)

Thanks John,
I haven't actually bought them as yet, thought I would find out how to remove if possible first.
I'll see if anyone else replies, maybe someone has actually done it.
I did try Google for H & C but it just comes up with Screwfix, I though I'd try and contact H & C directly to see if they would tell me

Sponsored Links
You were right, they unscrew. I put some long nose players up there and unscrewed them, they were a bit damaged when they came out as they are plastic but I won't use them so it doesn't matter and the taps look fine without them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back