H&S courses??

now we all know to wear masks etc but how many diyers have taken the advice/info on board.

But have you been fitted out correctly.We have recently been fitted out whereby each employee had to do a series of exercises whilst hooked up wearing a face mask to ensure that each employee had the correctly fitted mask.

er no,
if i end up doing dusty works,then i put on 1 of those generic dust masks and change it at regular intervals.
if im spraying any kind of woodworm/dry rot fluid i will wear my respirator ,making sure the filters are in date etc.gauntlets boiler suit and hat oh and safety glasses/face sheild.

Sponsored Links
I train rarely nowadays, but am still employed in the game. Today (and tomorrow :( ), I have the great pleasure of pointing out to assy strippers just how their concept of "a proper job", and mine, differ. ;)

Unless you venture out of Sussex, Gregers, I am unlikely to cross your path - although I very occasionally train nowadays, I tend to be a bit more north than that!

And LMB, you are right in much of what you say. You can't stop anyone drilling into it, short of not letting them on site in the first place. I have seen photos where people have drilled holes adjacent to and even through asbestos warning stickers - boy how they must have laughed :eek:
WRT how long I / we have been telling people about how they really ought to not be drilling or smoshing it, it is as long as I have been in the game - getting on for twenty years. But the sad fact is, asbestos mainly kills the working classes (although that is now skewing a bit more towards white collar, with teachers for example becoming a increasing group of mortality statistics).
We have known that asbestos kills for nearly 2 millennia, and there are papers over one hundred years old in the UK, that cited asbestos as the cause of ill health and death, before terms like "asbestosis" and "mesothelioma" were even invented. But it was killing the working man. I have heard the phrase "If asbestos was used in judges' wigs, it would have been banned years ago.", many times.
Even "champions of the common man" were at the trough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GppZltZd6xs[/youtube][/QUOTE]

your joking about the wigs but but experts in America in the 70s discovered bad results from talc inhaled, its called talcosis

But anyway.... Prior to stickers being stuck. How did people sticking the stickers on, know it was hidden asbestos.??

Sponsored Links
Back