PAT testers

Thanks Grizzly.

Regulation 6 of the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation -

Every Employer shall ensure that the work equipment is maintained in an efficient state, in efficient order and in good repair.

I often wonder if the committee that wrote those couple of lines ever thought that a whole industry would be created around them. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
When working for GEC because of that clause we were not allowed to use our own tools. Every last spanner and screwdriver was provided by the company as they said that's the only way they could have control over the condition of our tools.
But next company I worked for I had to use my own tools again.
This has often been a problem where one guy has his own PAT tester, Earth loop impedance tester etc. But the company must ensure they are in calibration. Then who keeps the traceable records!
Because my son at one time worked for himself he has all the tools he got then and he has been told many times how much quicker he is than those doing same job. But any wonder when he used a proper wall chaser not a cold chisel?
Should he be charging company for loan of his gear?
It's a whole bag of worms

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back