Had a objection on my rear application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the objection/ comments from next door tenant neighbour .was expecting it to be honest. There's a few untruths but what do you think.
They rent from a housing association

(Permitted development)

Miss xxxxxxxxxx (Objects)
Comment submitted date: Apr 2022
Could I please add to my other comments.

These houses have subsidence, my house is shortly going to be underpinned and work done to correct the problem the house as, I would like to know if the extension that is being proposed will this in any way cause my house any more problems . These houses aren't built on proper foundations, and being built on sand means they are moving .

Comment submitted date: Thu 14
I would like to make my concerns of the planning application for a single storey extension on my neighbours property of no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. I do feel that this will put my kitchen in the shade in a morning and make what is already a dark kitchen even darker. As the sun rises at the top left hand side of their garden . This will make me feel as if I'm being boxed in .

2. I notice how close it is to the boundary ,how will Mr xxxxxxx be able to maintain the fence that he as put in when it needs repairing .

3. Am worried about the drains that run across the back of the houses how will these be maintained as , Mr ######## as already removed the soil vent that was on his garden so that he could slab the yard. I have no man holes on my property so I have no way of correcting a problem when they occur, as they have in the past leaving raw sewage all over my yard , being force up through kitchen drain .

4. The plan shows the kitchen is to be installed on the side nearest to my property , I assume by this the extraction will be facing in to my garden which will cause my to have all their cooking smell , would of thought it would be better for the kitchen to be put the other side as not to cause any problem to the neighbouring property .

Get Outlook for Android

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1 is a valid comment, 2-4 are not.

Doesn't 4, extractor fans, need to be at least 2m from boundary, or other house now? Or something like that. So could be an issue.

Not for this type of planning application, and not based on any assumption by the commenter.

Sponsored Links
Well that's good as number 1 objection is incorrect.
The sun rises directly opposite the 2
rear kitchens and travels across the complainants side for the day ( no extractor's either as we are moving to the kitchen to the front of the house

Well that's good as number 1 objection is incorrect.
The sun rises directly opposite the 2
rear kitchens and travels across the complainants side for the day ( no extractor's either as we are moving to the kitchen to the front of the house
Light, over bearing, shadowing, impact of high walls etc has little to do with the sun's path, but just an objective opinion of what will be if permitted. So it won't matter if the neighbour has confused the sun's path.

Just had the objection/ comments from next door tenant neighbour .was expecting it to be honest. There's a few untruths but what do you think.
They rent from a housing association

(Permitted development)

Miss xxxxxxxxxx (Objects)
Comment submitted date: Apr 2022
Could I please add to my other comments.

These houses have subsidence, my house is shortly going to be underpinned and work done to correct the problem the house as, I would like to know if the extension that is being proposed will this in any way cause my house any more problems . These houses aren't built on proper foundations, and being built on sand means they are moving .

Comment submitted date: Thu 14
I would like to make my concerns of the planning application for a single storey extension on my neighbours property of no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. I do feel that this will put my kitchen in the shade in a morning and make what is already a dark kitchen even darker. As the sun rises at the top left hand side of their garden . This will make me feel as if I'm being boxed in .

2. I notice how close it is to the boundary ,how will Mr xxxxxxx be able to maintain the fence that he as put in when it needs repairing .

3. Am worried about the drains that run across the back of the houses how will these be maintained as , Mr ######## as already removed the soil vent that was on his garden so that he could slab the yard. I have no man holes on my property so I have no way of correcting a problem when they occur, as they have in the past leaving raw sewage all over my yard , being force up through kitchen drain .

4. The plan shows the kitchen is to be installed on the side nearest to my property , I assume by this the extraction will be facing in to my garden which will cause my to have all their cooking smell , would of thought it would be better for the kitchen to be put the other side as not to cause any problem to the neighbouring property .

Get Outlook for Android

Why are neighbour's comments involved if it is Permitted Development?

It's for a larger home extension ( 6m) neighbour consultation

Forgot to say. The occupier ( who is a tenant) has objected. But the owner is a housing association and the other houses along the road are all owned by the housing association as well

Tenant has objected not the housing association that own the next door property

Might be better applying for planning permission. I don't think they do a proper assessment of the affect on amenity with the Prior Notice scheme - I think it's just a yes/no. With planning permission they will apply the local policies (often the 45° rule), may decide that any impact on a kitchen is less important than a habitable room such as a lounge, and will/should "work with you" to produce a design they consider acceptable - possibly something stepped in from the boundary or staggered.

I did think that the introduction of the fee for Prior Approval a few years ago might have included an element of feedback/advice to the applicant but I don't know.

I just got a straight "no, due to affect on amenity" so submitted a planning application.

We can’t do a planning permission as we are in the green belt that’s why we are doing this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back