had flat roof fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
since 10 days of fitting it leaked brown water from inside the pvc, so water was getting under the grey top and above the pvc base cladding.

fitter has returned 5 times to attempt correction, excuses have been main roof leaking, ive just had main roof felted, then the over flow pipe above could have a leak and the water is in the cavity and some how coming out in to the flat roof.

water is brown so in contact with copper or a lot of rust.

After i have run around trying to work this out myself!! i start to loose patience the problem started 10 days after fitting doesnt take a genius to do the maths.

aparrently the problem was the flashing sealed under the resin top??
now i have no flashing, and an unsightly roof.

does anyone here actually have any knowledge of the cavity trays in this wall i know they are pointless bent up copper sheets above doorways with no end stops but not sure if that flashing was actually part of a large one in this gable cavity.

also does anyone forsee future problems by having that flashing removed ive been waiting all this time to have my house painted, going to take some extra tackling with that resin up the wall GGrrrr

thanks OJ

Sponsored Links
If the flashing is in such bad condition you may want to think about a lead strip. Have to say very shabby job. I would seek advice from a local roofer before taking any further action. You may be best to rip it off and start a fresh to be honest.

Andy

Thanks Adilin

ive sent the guy an LBA and advised of small claims and steps im willing to take.
That was with the leak but the last visit seems to have sorted the water sad thing is its only known on a hard fall of rain so wont know untill then.

and this has been since oct 05.

My own thoughts are as the resin dried it pulled the paint from the wall along the top of the flashing. and water poured down the gabel end and seeped down the copper flashing to under the resin.

so busy with water problem havent even addressed the mess of the job as im not a builder i didnt realise how bad it actually is.

Had quotes would be £500 but £600 with new flashing in.

im surprised theres no regs or departments that are concerned with faulty work, im concerned for other people. Trading standards give advise but they are not realy bothered as to what has been done.

Thats why bad workers never get stopped. :cry:

What kind of roof is that?

Looks like a liquid covering with fibres in (fantastic stuff for repairs, any roofer worth hes weight will have a tin near by) just brushed over the old roof :confused:

The corners of the plastic trim is pretty nasty as well.

Sponsored Links
supposed to be fibreglass roof like flat roof superstores and garages.
With 10 year gaurantee.

They took the felt off laid hardboard then fibreglass sheets and then resin liquid, its as hard as nails? but what an eye sore...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back