Haes 4 zone fire alarm call point

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_0331.PNG
I've installed this system as a diy everything working fine apart from call point I've got it on zone one found a install diagram + to 1
- to 3 and eol to 1 and 3 the one I have is in pic does anyone know if I'm wiring it wrong thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0331.PNG
    IMG_0331.PNG
    460.2 KB · Views: 310
Sponsored Links
If I connect as I've said when I activate it fault lights show up that's it no sounders if I remove eol then same fault light shows

Sounds like it's not got a resistor built in , normally 470 or 680 ohms , what does the call point instructions say ?

Sponsored Links
Haven't got them anymore on the old system it was connected like this and that worked
IMG_0328.JPG

Hopefully not with that cable !
Plus that one is wired across 1 and 2.... not 1 and 3 as you described above ....

IMG_0329.PNG
No not this wire just to show on old system it was - to 1 and +to 2 tryed this on new system and doesn't work but found this so tryed this way but still no joy

Ok....the really old fire panels worked on a short across the pair , most panels in the last 30 years need a 470 or 690ohm resistor to activate the alarm or they just show fault , now ....some fire panels gave either an option or a jumper on the pcb to activate on short circuit.
What else have you got connected on the panel ? Any smokes ? Do they work ? If so swop onto zone 1 , do they work on zone 1 ? If so it's the call point with the issue, get a multimeter set on ohms what do you get across 1 and 2 glass in and out and 1 and 3 in and out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back