Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
sydneyIce.jpg

Sydney OZ and a little Hail ;) September 2004

:D

Sponsored Links
Well,

Hope you enjoy it when the time comes. You may be interested to know that Adelaide are starting up the immigration for £10.00 scheme again in order to try and attract people to the city, everyone seems to either go to Sydney (too busy for me suburbs ok, but still have to work for a living, due to elusive lottery win) or Perth (Too hot) I'll try and dig out the details if you like, but "knowing" you, you're way ahead of me anyhow.

Sydney for a day in '98 poured unrelentingly !! :mad:
I was impressed by the mono-rail shuttle ... such a small footprint at ground level ... way to go !!

All but one of extended in-laws live in Melbourne ... plus some old friends from schooldays !!
Too old for the £10 job .... Still planning tho' !!

Although they have their own minds, I would like the children to start a life there .... Who knows ?
:mad:

Australia is a brilliant idea. Masses of land, low cost of living, drive on the correct side, they understand that your "mate" doesn't necessarily mean your significant other. :LOL:

Only problems for me would be:

1) Lower cost of living means you earn less so it doesn't really offer much advantage in the long term (other than you have more space)

2) It's a really long way away from everyone I know, apart from the few who've moved to Australia... even they might be thousands of miles away if I moved to the opposite end.

3) They serve beer in really small poofy glasses. I used to think that the characters on Neighbours were ten feet tall due to their appearance when drinking in "The Waterhole". Turns out Aussies just drink beer out of a tart's glass. :eek:

4) I couldn't stand the whines and jibes everytime we beat them at a major sporting event (so that would be 2 or 3 times a decade then ;) ), nor being called a "whingeing pom", even when not whingeing about anything.

5) Those corks hanging off my hat would really irritate me.

6) I feel dizzy if I stand on my head for too long.

Sponsored Links
Just in from Oz

A Baptist minister was seated next to a Marine on a flight to Huntsville,
Alabama. After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken.
The Marine asked for a whiskey and soda, which was brought and placed
before him. The flight attendant then asked the minister if he like a
drink.
He replied in disgust, "I'd rather be savagely raped by brazen whores than
let liquor touch my lips." The Marine then handed his drink back to the
attendant
and said, "Me too. I didn't know we had a choice." ;)

p

Back