Hail the wife.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wifey chucked her job today. Told them where to shove it and walked out. Of course she's in a bit of a state with herself now, but she'll get over it. Life's too short to be **** on for little more than minimum wage. It's a pity more people can't do the same then maybe something will be done about the whole working condition/rubbishy pay situation. Unions ain't going to help you and the government certainly don't give a damn. They'd rather just flood the market with even cheaper labour.

Sponsored Links
Don't think that plan will work these days, too many ready to step into those jobs for less pay.

I agree Tim, but isn't that part of the problem. I know there isn't an easy solution. Employers have to make money, but too many of them treat their employees like crap. I'm sure Crafty will back me up here. Fixed wage positions where you end up doing that many hours you're probably working for less than the minimum wage. When you see jobs for skilled blokes at as little as £6.25ph you got to wonder what the future holds. I'd rather give up my house and sign on than work for those Fagins.

good for her. she will find something else. too many employers put on people and rely on the fact that they are too committed to debts etc or too much iin their comfort zone to leave

Sponsored Links
don't know what the job situations like in Albania but there's enough work in the uk to pick and choose, so she's right not to take any crap from her employer and tell him to stick it.
Take a look at your local council website and see if they have anything, often pays well ish! and cushy jobs. ;)

My wife is a professional curtain maker 2 days a week and on minimum wages and yet LIDI is advertising in my area for more store assistance staff at £8.25 per hour :!:

She is off to an interview for a full time position this afternoon. I could be about to become semi-retired.

Looks like we'll have to sell the kids then.

Sponsored Links
Back