Hair Felt Lagging for Screed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I need to put some radiator pipes in concrete screed.
I have been told to use Hair felt lagging of the tubular sleeve kind to cover them in.
Is it right that there is a special kind of hair felt lagging that has a plastic sleeve inside which is used especially for concrete screed or is it OK to just use the normal hair felt with no sleeve?
I have tried two local plumbers merchants and they have never heard of a lagging with a lining in.
If anybody knows if I need the lined lagging could they tell me what national shops I can get it because I really need to get it by tommorrow.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Felt push on has a plastic inner but this is not sufficent to protect pipe cover it all over in duct tape first then put felt on

Thanks for the reply.
Is felt push on the tubular roll kind, Is there only on sort of this kind, so I can;t make a mistake?
I should cover the pipe with duct tape first?
Will the duct tape stay on ok once it heats up?
I ask because I want to run the heating for a couple of weeks before I screed over the pipes case I have any leaks.

I use hairfelt lagging (allows expansion) and then double wrap with 50mm wide pvc tape for corrosion protection.

You could use DENSO tape but it's a messy job.

Sponsored Links
So should I wrap the pipe first with the plastic duck tape then put it in the hair felt lagging sleeve?
O rput lagging on then wrap the lagging?

No....put the lagging on...then wrap with pvc to provide protection. Don't wrap tightly....the lagging provides space for expansion. Make sure there is plenty of room for expansion lenghtways on long pipe runs.

Pipework is supposed to be accesible so you may consider purpose designed pipework trays.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back