Pipe Lagging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a run of pipe work that runs over the ceiling of a single story kitchen. The pipes keep freezing as the temperatures are getting really low. I want to insulate the pipe work to protect it from freezing. Can you guys recommend which is the best type of lagging available?

Is Hair felt lagging any good? The foam stuff might be too thick for where I need to fit the lagging.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it's running over a ceiling and freezing ina kitchen, then, that must be cold, leave your heating on slightly.

Best suggestion in your case would be to get as much rockwool up and over the pipes as possible.... remove any insulation from under the pipes so that the heat from the room leeches through the ceiling and is trapped by the rockwool, keeping your pipes frost free.... When you think that you have enough insulation up in the loft, then add some more.....

Sponsored Links
If it's running over a ceiling and freezing ina kitchen, then, that must be cold, leave your heating on slightly.

I leave the heating on, but there is no radiator in the kitchen and No one is living there, so the kitchen is not being used for cooking. Otherwise it would heat up. I'll try rock wool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back