Which Pipe Lagging?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I need some advice on what type of pipe lagging I need to protect my central heating and water pipes in the loft from freezing if we have another cold winter.

I have just added the extra loft insulation recommended to I think 270mm. I have some cheap polystyrene lagging already on the pipes, fitted when the house was built 20 years ago but would feel more comfortable with heavy duty protection for the pipes and indeed what about a jacket for my header tank and water tank?

cheers

Sponsored Links
I always use Armaflex, it is more expensive but it bends around corners so no need for cutting and fitting, use tape or cable ties every 300-500mm, job done, some will disagree as it is personnal choice but all good lagging will work fine.

what about a jacket for my header tank and water tank?
You can buy jackets for most sizes of tanks.
Or make your own from slabs of polystyrene, loft insulation, PIR insulation board or similar.
Cover the sides and top only. If it is on a platform or legs, cover the sides of the platform down to the loft floor level, but don't insulate directly under the tanks.

I used Insultube lagging last winter, bought from my local BSS and it was cheaper than Armaflex. Quality appears to be as good.

Sponsored Links
I always use Armaflex, it is more expensive but it bends around corners so no need for cutting...
Sounds good.

Will it really bend around a 15mm 90-degree elbow without problems?

Is it easy to cut to accommodate pipe clips?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back