Hair line cracks on cieling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had my old Ceiling skimmed 5 years ago and it has now started showing hair line cracks due to an eight year old boy jumping up and down in the bedroom above! I have tried filling them and painting them over but they keep reapearing, i have noticed Polycell are doing a new ceiling and wall paint which is flexible type paint, it says on the tin that it covers all cracks and stops them reapearing again! Anybody has used this paint? If so do you think it will be the answer to my problem? Any other suggestions please!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
I dont know of a new crack free ceiling and wall paint. But If it's like tthe one I used I think you may be dissapointed.. espescially if the joints/ cracks are live. The paint wont crack but it will loosen over the crack to form a creased/ridge/pukered line where it looses grip over the slightly moving crack..Its a bit like lining paper over a live crack, after a few weeks a crease will show.. Sometimes its just as well to rub over the crack, and if it is only hairline crack, paint it and don't look up ;)

Having said all that it did help on a plaster lathe ceiling that resembled a road map, but this was a landlords specification :LOL:

I think, i might take your advice for, perhaps one day it will all fall down and then i will get it plaster boarded and skimmed.

Thank you!

Polycell crack free ceiling will do the job.
has excellent flexibility.

Sponsored Links
thinking-0061.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back