Half hot Half Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear experts,

The radiators in my flat are roasting at the top yet only luke warm at the base and that is on both the first and second floor of my flat.

I assume that I need to bleed them and have a bleed key, if water starts to amerge I have been told to bleed 2 measuring jugs of water out? Is this the usual method?

Balancing is also what I have been told may work?

Any suggestions or advice would be gratefully recieved! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
A radiator that needs bleeding will be cold at the top, not the bottom. A more likely cause is sludge like tech says. Try to visualize the inner waterways of your radiator. It most likely has horizontal paths top and bottom linked by many verticals. If sludge blocks the bottom path then the only way through is along the top. If you decide to take a radiator off for cleaning, be warned that the sludge is black and will indelibly stain anything it touches.

Sponsored Links
Thank you mate, sounds like a plan. Praise the lord for lamenate floor (and many cloths)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back