Half lantern b22/e27 with PIR external light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Replaced a bulb on the outside light and it's permanently on. I have a suspicion it was permanently on before, causing bulb to burn out. Anyhow, today I, turned the power off, changed the bulb, gave everything a good clean up and then switched it on again. All of the other lights are working fine in PIR mode except this one. Ive tried resetting from the mains by turning off for 10 seconds and then back on, in the dark, but once triggered the problem light remains on. I've repeated this step by turning off the at the mains for 1 and 2 mins and no difference. I did notice that sometimes after a reset, the light would switch off, but then immediately switch back on and stay on.

Is it knackered? Or am I missing anything? The only other thing I can think of is that the bulb that I replaced was a 60w for a 100w. Would you that make any difference whatsoever? Who would have thought changing a bulb would be such a pain in the proverbial.

Thanks
P.

Sponsored Links
Yes it has its own integrated PIR. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.... It must be 6 plus years old I would have thought.

Leave the mains off over night and then switch it on.

If it still get stuck on its knackered

Sponsored Links
If the holder said max wattage 60w (which a lot do) you may have shorted the triac. Or the failing bulb did it.

Thanks guys. Tried it again and no change. So off to Screwfix to buy a replacement which hopefully is the same...

Lol 100w bulb was bought from my friendly Asian shop... Not sure where he gets his stock from!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back