Halifax credit cards are a rip off!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
title says it all really!

watch out anyone who uses Halifax Credit Cards you are being robbed of your cash!!

step 1. pay with your card
step 2. pay your card bill when you get it.

should be that simple but No!

they add interest despite you paying off the full amount! then they add interest to the interest if you don't notice that they sneakily add " estimated interest next month" so unless you pay the full amount PLUS the interest, plus next months interest you will never get your debt payed off!!

and with an interest rate at 29.45% they are the lowest scum of the banking world!

Sponsored Links
and with an interest rate at 29.45% they are the lowest scum of the banking world!

They're all the same, seems like you withdrew cash on your credit card, interest starts from moment of withdrawal.

Sponsored Links
Halifax - are they the same that (when converting to a bank) managed to wriggle out of giving the bonus (that was for account holders) to a group of Learning Disability people . :?: OR have I remembered that all wrong - was 20 years ago :rolleyes: Maybe my memory is fading :oops: Surely a Bank wouldn`t do that. More so a Building Society as they were then. :confused:

yes but the point being made is that even when payed off they still apply interest TWICE!!

Because you have not repaid the cash and up to date interest. The interest is only being charged on the cash, just stick a an extra fiver on your payment.

How much cash did you withdraw?

I stopped using my credit card about 5 years ago, just con men, who talk ballux! that's if they can speak the same language, still ballux in a different tongue!

on your first statement. the interest is calculated to the statement day...

you then wait the 24 odd days to pay it..

oh look... so who is going to pay the interest on the 24 days....

and it starts again......

and next month should be the final payment on interest... when it gets to 1p....

and next month should be the final payment on interest... when it gets to 1p....

1 it was paid in full in 8 days
2. the interest is added then they add interest on it! thieving scum!!
so this time i have paid them their ransom including next months interest and told them to go boil their heads!!
will be sticking to Barclaycard in future where you pay within the dates and that is the finish!

1 it was paid in full in 8 days
2. the interest is added then they add interest on it! thieving scum!!
so this time i have paid them their ransom including next months interest and told them to go boil their heads!!
will be sticking to Barclaycard in future where you pay within the dates and that is the finish!

read my post.... you are paying interest on the time between your statement day and your payment day.... think about it...

barclaycard will be the same.... it is an industry standard....

DON'T use a credit card in a cash machine, that's when the full interest rate kicks in. They charge a usage fee, and then something daft like 30% interest. Until you get your next bill, even worse if you use it abroad.

Best bet is to not use credit cards.

DON'T use a credit card in a cash machine, that's when the full interest rate kicks in. They charge a usage fee, and then something daft like 30% interest. Until you get your next bill, even worse if you use it abroad.

Best bet is to not use credit cards.

best bet is to not try and explain the simple things in life to the simple people.....

Sponsored Links
Back