Hallway / landing light switch wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if someone with know how can help me with some wiring confusion I’m having.

I have a landing and hallway lighting setup so essentially a 2 way 2 gang switch at the bottom of the stairs and then the same 2 way 2 gang switch setup at the top of the stairs where one switch turns on the bulb on the stairs and the other switch turns on the bulb in the hallway that can be controlled from either the top or bottom of the stairs.

I recently had some rewiring done and this messed things up on these switches, right now the two switches at the bottom of the stairs do exactly the same thing as each other, the switches turn on both lights at once. Same as the two switches at the top of the stairs, they switch on both lights at once as well.

Would someone be able to direct me into getting my old set up again whereby each switch only controls one light and can be controlled from both the bottom of the stairs and the top of the stairs.

I’ve uploaded an image of the current wiring and it’s exactly the same on both sockets.

For clarity there are 8 wires on both the setups, 2 sets of blue yellow red, and then separately a red and black.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 966
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back