halogen spots and fluorescent tube on same circuit?

Maybe the OP is considering energy saving in other areas where lighting is used on a more regular basis thus bringing the total consumption lower than it currently is.

Sponsored Links
All you have done on this thread is shout down dude_diy's ideas as non-compliant.
"Shout down"? Care to show how, by any reasonable or rational standards, I was doing that?

But here, we help people, not belittle them.
And when you've done the above, perhaps you could show exactly how I told him he was valueless or unimportant, or where I disparaged him.

Perhaps he doesn't know what he's doing wrong.
Well I did point out that he was more than doubling the power he was consuming to light the room.

And I did point out that he was planning to install lighting not designed for the job.

why not try suggesting ways of making the installation compliant and more efficient?
dude-diy - look for fluorescent or magnetic induction or electroluminescent panel lighting. Google for bathroom lighting - there are loads of flush, recessed and semi-flush fittings available which will light the room a lot more efficiently, both in terms of light levels and power consumed, than halogen spotlights.

Thanks Steve and 2cities for your reply's. I find your comments and information useful. I'm obviously not an electrician, just a competent DIY'er so I do visit the forum for advice, normally for the practicalities of my ideas before I go ahead and implement them. Or in the case of electrics employ some one. With electrics, i never wish to do some thing which would endanger my family or home, so bans comments are also helpful, so thanks Ban....... I will try to put some images on this evening to give a clearer picture of what i'm trying to achieve. This may help.

Sponsored Links
Maybe the OP is considering energy saving in other areas where lighting is used on a more regular basis thus bringing the total consumption lower than it currently is.
That's true - I guess if he ended up with his entire lighting system meeting the guidelines in Approved Document L1 they couldn't argue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back