halogens light dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have 8 halogen lights fitted into a false ceiling 2 are dead, one went about 6-8 months ago and one yesterday, i have tried new bulbs in both lights but none work. the lights have 1 cable comeing out of the real ceiling through the hole from the origional light, that cable enters a junction box from which 8 cables go to each individual light. The underside of the light fitting (bit attached to ceiling tile) say 12v but the top of the fitting says 240v. the bulbs are 12v 50w. Please help as i had an electrician look at it just after the first one broke and he said i need all new lights. thanks

Sponsored Links
and what do you expect us to do about it?

if the sparky who's actually been and seen the things says you need new ones, then what makes you think we'll be able to tell you any different from a vague description and no PHOTO's???

the sparky that came to look at them never accturley looked, all he did was pull the bulbs out then put them back in and try them with switch then said i need new lights so in my opinon he didnt really cheak anything, he never even looked in the ceiling to check any wiring. all I am looking for is to see if anyone else has had the same problem or like it and what they did to fix it.

Sponsored Links
check voltage at transformers. they are the usual suspects

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back