Halstead ace 3yr old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( our halstead combi boiler runs hot for a few seconds then runs cold for ages then it gets hot is it the heat exchanger?

was just contemplating getting rid and getting a worcester bosch condensing boiler any tips or ideas all you pro plumbers :))) cheers mikkie:cool:

Sponsored Links
The boiler should be displaying a fault code, failing that the gas supply pipe to the boiler could be incorrectly sized.

The boiler should be displaying a fault code, failing that the gas supply pipe to the boiler could be incorrectly sized.
:) thanks gastite for that not sur about the gas pipes etc as it has been working perfectly for a bout 2and a half years.

But what i have noticed is that on observing the moiler more closely
my heating works fine the problem arises when we run the hot water which takes ages to ignite Then after getting all the hot water we need the central heating light then comes on but the boiler wont fire up then it locks out with the red light on.
The only way i can fix it is by turning swithc of pushing reset button underneath then turning the dial back on to reset then then to central heating then its fine again. Untill we turn on the hot water
thanks gastite much appreciated

I don't know where gastite's coming from!

This is the number 1 standard universal combi complaint. Almost certainly, the secondary heat exchanger is blocked with sludge.
There must be a few hundred threads about it ;)

Oh, I see now, Manchester. Must be all that rain??

Oh, and Halstead Ace - Fault codes, er, not.

Sponsored Links
I don't know where gastite's coming from!

This is the number 1 standard universal combi complaint. Almost certainly, the secondary heat exchanger is blocked with sludge.
There must be a few hundred threads about it ;)

Oh, I see now, Manchester. Must be all that rain??

Oh, and Halstead Ace - Fault codes, er, not.
:) hiya chris thanks friend so is it fixable so to speak i mean can it be cleand out must admit it has missed a cpl of services
thanks :)) yeah gas tite confused me a little there :)) with codes and bad pipework :))

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back