Halstead Ace Boiler Losing Pressure & leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a rented property and the c/h boiler needs pressurizing every day. I take it up to about 1.5, there are then slight signs of water leaking from inside the casing and dripping out of the bottom rh corner(only a very small amount), and 24 hours later the pressure has dropped to just about zero.

The landlord doesn't seem very interested.

Does anybody know what might be causing this, if it matters and what I could tell the landlord to possibly convince him it needs looking at(if it does)?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Trying to convince a landlord to spend some money.............Now there's a challenge. Better to spend a little now and repair it. The alternative is to replace the boiler when it finally goes t1ts up.

Trying to convince a landlord to spend some money.............Now there's a challenge. Better to spend a little now and repair it. The alternative is to replace the boiler when it finally goes t1ts up.

Any idea whats wrong with it?

Not without removing the front casing to have a look. the leak may be tracking along and may not be on the RHS. It should however, be a simple fix. It may be nothing more serious than a failing washer. It should really be inspected.

Sponsored Links
There is a Automatic Air Valve used to get rid of air (but not water) when re filling system and it could be that it is not sealing properly.
I understand the AAV has a screw down cap which you could use for test purposes.
There are also a couple of small diam. tubes connected to the diaphragm housing, each end having a rubber 'O' ring which could be at faulty.
You could also try having a lower pressure, say 1bar instead of 1.5bar

aav is on the very top left of the boiler on these. in the casing. if the rhs. i would hazard a guess divertor valve. giannoni type. all said halstead no longer exist thank god. the ace like the finest. were not to bad and used non in house parts like said giannoni divertor. so fixable. except when it comes to the pcb. then god help. if ace high (he) i would rip out in a heartbeat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back