Halstead ace high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Halstead AceHigh combi, rads are hot and no problem with hot water temp, but occasionally there is a rattling noise from the boiler that is like a crackling sound,that is the only way i can describe it??.This noise may last a few minutes or go on for a while and then the boiler will go quiet, i have bled the rads for air and have added cleanser/inhibitor into the system,One other thing is that the pressure gauge is going from 1.5bar cold to near 3.0 bar hot?could this be the expansion tank needs re-pressurising?. Any info/ideas would be appreciated Thanks.

Sponsored Links
My daughter has a fairly new halstead ace high combi and the pressure is supposed to rise by about 1 bar from cold to hot, but it depends on the total volume of water in the system. It was set at 1.5 bar when first installed but I've reduced that to 1.2 and I intend to try lower pressures until I get around 0.7. The problem is that the 'pressure release valve' operates around the 3.5 bar stage I believe, so perhaps you should also lower the pressure. I agree that if you get high increases in pressure it does suggest the 'expansion vessel' has lost some of its pressure.
To re pressurize the vessel the system pressure has to be removed. I've not seen the vessel so I don't know what problems there maybe. I'm assuming you can check the vessel pressure with a tyre pressure gauge.
I believe the pressure should be around 1 bar.
I can't comment on the noise, but halstead do have a web site where you may find a contact.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I put one on a system with 5 rads & the pressure goes from 1 to 1.5 bar hot and pumping.
3 bar is too high - as soon as it lets any water out the prv is liable to leak and then need replacing.
Urgently let some water out to get it to about 0.7 cold. There's no pressure switch so it won't switch off.

When you do the EV, tyre pressure guage is ok, 10psi will do for the EV.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back