Halstead ace high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my boiler in that when it is set to hot water the central heating is coming on with it.....ive looked around and found that some people suspect the flow diverter valve....i can see this valve and it has a few pipes running into it and wondered if its something i could fix myself?

Sponsored Links
Depends how good at DIY you are, but theoretically yes you could do it yourself. Not worth trying to fix the valve though, you'll need a new one. Advance warning - the price of Halstead spares will make your eyes water!

Yeah the prices are rediculous...as long as im not touching gas pipes then im happy to try it....im also querieing whether it could be a faulty DHW switch as mentioned in another thread...need to find out what the hell that is first

Sponsored Links
Thanks.....i had a look at it earlier. When i turned it to hot water it was fine for around 5 minutes then without anyone turning on the hot taps the switch clicked on the central heating yet the main switch was still on hot water......could it be the switch at fault or does this sound like a symptom of a faulty valve you mentioned earlier

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back