halstead boiler........any good?

ChrisR said:
a fiver from Ariston

Part # ???

Compare a diaphragm from a Halstead finest with the same part that fits ariston Combis.

I have no part numbers to compare, just a good man that works in Tottenham's branch of HRPC who shares the view that Halstead are pure rip off merchants.

Same diaphragm.....just 30 quid difference in cost

David

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
"""I think the boiler I work on the most are prima's, profiles and the luvverly old neataheat

maybe surrey has loads of cash but it dont like spending it """

How did you know that Chris in Surrey still has his old Netaheat even though the mercury switch takes 55 sec to get the main burner on?

Tony

Luvverly aint they gawd bless em

raden said:
I think the boiler I work on the most are prima's, profiles and the luvverly old neataheat

So you really should be using my services then ...

eh?

Sorry raden you have lost me, I dont know what you do and why it has any relevance to me servicing and maintaining the above??

Sponsored Links
"A clue"..........................." repaired PCBs ?????????????? "

But does not begin with "A" or end with "K".

Ahhh

Rest assured raden I will never ever ever require your services

Good luck though

:LOL:

corgiman said:

Of course not - I have every confidence that you have no wish to act in your customers' best interests, a dinosaur waiting for your asteroid

So for e.g. a profile you'd rather spend £80 ++ for a pcb you can get for £30++

There's a bottom line here - you will lose out as people refuse to accept your quote for parts and look on line ... where I'm waiting, to liberate honest folk from the rip off prices offered by potterton etc

You see - I test every single pcb, I test every single fan whichg we repair, I am proud of our quality

Can Potterton or Baxi say the same thing ? I think not. I strive for quality, not just a quick buck - can baxi / potterton say that ?

Are you really too stupid to take on board what I'm saying?

I hope not, at the end of the day .. you lose

but then for once in your life you could make the right decision

raden said:
corgiman said:

Of course not - I have every confidence that you have no wish to act in your customers' best interests, a dinosaur waiting for your asteroid

So for e.g. a profile you'd rather spend £80 ++ for a pcb you can get for £30++

There's a bottom line here - you will lose out as people refuse to accept your quote for parts and look on line ... where I'm waiting, to liberate honest folk from the rip off prices offered by potterton etc

You see - I test every single pcb, I test every single fan whichg we repair, I am proud of our quality

Can Potterton or Baxi say the same thing ? I think not. I strive for quality, not just a quick buck - can baxi / potterton say that ?

Are you really too stupid to take on board what I'm saying?

I hope not, at the end of the day .. you lose

but then for once in your life you could make the right decision

The joy of living in Britain (even blairs britain) is that we are all intitled to an opinion,

And mine is that reconditioned PCB's are not as good as new manufactuer approved ones.

I really dont appreciate you tone when you Declare me stupid, Thats is your opinion and you are entitled to it of course but it has no basis in fact as you really dont know me in anyway to make that assumption.

I do believe that fitting only approved parts is in my clients best interest, I have found in my 35 years on this planet that best interest is rarley, if ever, served by the bottom line, so as for being a dinosaur awaiting my asteroid better that than provide cheap parts to clients that may result in damage to them or their property.

You say you test every single PCB and fan. Well Well done you.

And as to your final point about making the right decision as a free born english man I believe by not fitting recon pcb's fan's etc I am making the right decision and I feel that I am providing the best and safest service to my clients, and if they can buy the part cheaper from you over the internet and they can find some competent person to fit it I wish them all well

Lets face it raden if a Memeber of the publis sources a part from you they are more than likely to fit it themselves anyway so no skin of mine or other RGI's noses as they werent going to be a customer of ours anyway.

And finally one final point, we mainly provide out of hours cover for insurance companies, letting agents and boiler manufacturers and they insist that all parts that are fitted to thier boilers are approved and supplied by the boiler maker, so even if I was persuaded by your rather petulant argument I could not buy from you any way.

so this post is rather like a broken pencil...pointless.

but fun though cheers
:)

as an aside to keep this post on topic I still think the halstead is a bloody good boiler.

joy of living in Britain (even blairs britain) is that we are all intitled to an opinion,
And mine is that reconditioned PCB's are not as good as new manufactuer approved ones.
You have no useful opinion, since you have no experience, you have no clue, you have nothing on which to base an informed opinion
I really dont appreciate you tone when you Declare me stupid,
Sorry, but that really is your problem - making uninformed opinions whenyou don't have a clue
You really don't
You make glib statemets without being able to back them up without any facts

Thats is your opinion and you are entitled to it of course but it has no basis in fact as you really dont know me in anyway to make that assumption.

There is no opinion required - I can only say that you really are stupid
I make no apologies for saying that

I repeat - stupid

I am offering a productr e.g a profile pcb at £30

this is a quasrter of the price of a new pcb

I offer the same warranty as is given on a new pcb, I also have something of a sense of responsibility. Someone came i with a profile pcb he bought from me 2 years ago. I gave him another one for £15, because i was embarassed tht it had failed so soon

I do believe that fitting only approved parts is in my clients best interest, I have found in my 35 years on this planet that best interest is rarley, if ever, served by the bottom line, so as for being a dinosaur awaiting my asteroid better that than provide cheap parts to clients that may result in damage to them or their property.

talke it from me - you are a dinosaur,

You say you test every single PCB and fan. Well Well done you.

And as to your final point about making the right decision as a free born english man I believe by not fitting recon pcb's fan's etc I am making the right decision and I feel that I am providing the best and safest service to my clients, and if they can buy the part cheaper from you over the internet and they can find some competent person to fit it I wish them all well

Wel. I believe you are so terminally stupid if you adopt that attitude -

Lets face it raden if a Memeber of the publis sources a part from you they are more than likely to fit it themselves anyway so no skin of mine or other RGI's noses as they werent going to be a customer of ours anyway.

Lets face it - they are fed up with paying the rip off prices

And finally one final point, we mainly provide out of hours cover for insurance companies, letting agents and boiler manufacturers and they insist that all parts that are fitted to thier boilers are approved and supplied by the boiler maker, so even if I was persuaded by your rather petulant argument I could not buy from you any way.

Therer are a lot of companies ( insurance co contractors) who have a more sensible approach than you seem to have adopted

At the end of the day - you will lose out, you will be under bidded

... when you quote someone the ridiculous price for a Suprima pcb and they go online and find that I do a recon for £50, you come out as looking stupid

Your bravado comes across like the morbidly obese man on ch5 the other night boasting how much he could eat - he died before ther program was aired

I would say that a company whoich has been in business for 14 years and turns over 1/3 million is doing something right, wouldn't you?

So, for once in your life, use your brain,

soggy said:
Compare a diaphragm from a Halstead finest with the same part that fits ariston Combis.
but you said a fiver for a water section repair kit..!
The vokera maxin diaph is cheaper and the same.

Well Raden you have a funny way of advertising your services to a potential client

I may be a dinosaur and I may be stupid but least I am not so far up me own backside that I can see my lower intestine.

Still wont fit recon stuff

BTW what insurance companies have the more enlightened view? I would be interested to know??

Take care

PS calm down dear its only a website :)

I think the boiler I work on the most are prima's, profiles and the luvverly old neataheat

maybe surrey has loads of cash but it dont like spending it

And Paul you are right halstead bits are dear and seem to take ages to get.

But what are you going to do, I like the halstead finest gold, dream to work on, loads of space

Ravenheats are great and so are biasi's you can at least trust the isolators on the mains water and flow and return to work without peeing water every!!

Hear hear!

As with these boilers, when installed on an unclean system faults arrive!

BUT, Halsteads prices are shocking and I will recondition any water section with an Ariston diaphragh from now on - unless the gland is leaking of course

David

ChrisR said:
soggy said:
but you said a fiver for a water section repair kit..!
The vokera maxin diaph is cheaper and the same.

Oh but Aristons go on and on and on

No seroiusly, if its chaper Ill use it.

Just as Im a believer in certain reconditioned parts..PCB's only to be honest.

Manufactures make their money (and lots of it) through over priced parts, and whilst a lot of PCB's I can repair myslef (only re-soldering I have not got Agiles knowledge) when I cant, they go to 'a man that can'.

I have had failures from re-con PCB's, within warranty or not and replaced / charged accordingly.

As long as customers know what their getting and are given the choice, my concience is clear

David

Hear hear soggy

But you are obviuosly a diplodicus like meself

By the way I am sure that you have had this conversation many times raden and I am not really up for a big barney so I hope we leave it at that I dont agree with you and you think I am a stupid sauropod

good luck to you I am sure that you are going to do great business, just not with me, which I am sure you will not even miss.

corgiman said:
Well Raden you have a funny way of advertising your services to a potential client
I may be a dinosaur and I may be stupid but least I am not so far up me own backside that I can see my lower intestine.
Still wont fit recon stuff
BTW what insurance companies have the more enlightened view? I would be interested to know??
I don't advertise, I'm quite careful not to

That doesn't mean I am not going to make people aware of the option, I leave them to go and look.

AS to your point regarding insurance companies, I do have quite a few customers who do insurance work - they have no problems using my pcbs and fans

in fact one has a problem ATM where the insurance co see the new potterton module as a modification / upgrade rather than a replacement, and aren't willing to pay for it. potterton say it's not a modification / upgrade, poor cxompany is caught in the middle

So, yes, my pcbs and fans are used on insurance contracts

And you really do seem to be up your orifice, not me

You dismiss something out of hand, without any knowledge or experience

When you could offer someone a , say a profile for £30 instead of what, £120 when you have taken your little cut on the part as well, who are you serving ?

not your customer, they have an equal warranty and a more reliable pcb when it comes from us. The problem that you will increasingly come up against is that people go on the internet and find us, and see that they can get that much better price. Would you lie again and pretend that you are unaware of our existence?

You have, up till now, not come up with any rational reason for your irrational aversion to recon bits

err ... blah blah etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back