halstead gold combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i switch on my boiler it kicks in then boiler lockout light comes on. I then have to switch boiler on and off, very intermitent sometimes takes 15 minutes off switching on/off before boiler kicks in. I cannot have it on timer as neither heating or hot water work. Halstead engineer unable to rectify problem. can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Halstead engineer unable to rectify problem. can anyone help?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you pulling our wires this bloke is trained by the makers and cant fix it

pleeeeeeesssse :evil:

Yes, thats right he phoned Halsteads Customer service number that was on the boiler, they went through it with him but it still didn't work, I find myself with this problem that nobody seems to know what the answer is,
CAN ANYONE WITH A SENSIBLE ANSWER HELP!

Sponsored Links
When are people going to learn not to buy Halstead just cause it's cheap,
sorry I dont know whats wrong with it either as I wont touch the damn things, there crap from day one.

Thanks for your replies, I know it sounds a lost cause, but I do not know what else to do except take it out a get a new one, but if someone does know what can be done with it , I would appreciate it.
Thanks

So the boiler is locking out? I suspect you mean not detecting upon firing up?
If that is the case then the problem lies there.
Have you had any electrical work recently? (crossed polarity will affect detection.)
Has the detection probe/lead got continuity back the pcb?
What was the gas pressure at ignition?
Could be any of the above.

Hi, since having the boiler fitted, I have had new electrics and meter, I will have to check these out, I will let you know, Thanks

It's a bit of a generalisation but if a boiler has a fault which doesn't look like any "normal" component failure, it's quite likely to be the pcb. MOst of the bits on a boiler can be tested in isolation to eliminate them, whereas a pbc can produce a lot of different patterns of misbehaviour, depending on which components pack up.

Fwiw it seems to me that Halstead boilers are much the same as many many others, main differences being how the cases are put together and what materials are used. The "Finest" ones aren't too good there. SOme of the parts are way too expensive though, like rrp about £40 for a diaphragm, even if it does come with a couple of other small bits.

Their web site's quite good though Kev - all the manuals and part numbers are there.

It's Halsteadboilers dot summat. You have to poke about a bit.

Ann1958 I can't see "reversed polarity" causing an intermittent fault.

It's perfectly straightforward combi to fault-find. Complain to Halstead that the guy they sent is a plonker and try someone else!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back