halstead prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the same problem.......did you manage to solve this please ?

MOD 2

please don't hijack old posts

Sponsored Links
I think that the plate to plate heat exchanger has become blocked on the central heating side and this is stooping the water circulationg around the boiler and causing it to boil

had this problem several times on this boiler, pop and new one in and bobs your mums bro ;)

Cheers Corgiman but tried that already.........had problems with dirt in the DHW HE in the past but this has caused the burner to go on and off, I guess due to lack of flow....what's the chances that the primary could require cleaning ?

well if it anitn been cleaned and has no inhibiter within it damn near definate matey

Sponsored Links
system was cleaned and inhibitted with Fernox CH Restorer and CH protector in Nov. 2005. The primary has never been removed and cleaned since the boiler was new some 3 or so years ago......looks straight forward enough to take out....are there any obvious gotchas to watch out for ?

no not really they are quite easy to change, two screws at the bottom if memory serves

dont forget to change the thermisters while its drained down, i do this as a matter of course with halsteads now.

actually i try to change halsteads to another boiler as a matter of course if the customer will let me ;)

Two screws at the bottom....is that the DHW HE you are talking about ? if so it's the primary I want to remove. I have to say that these boilers usually get a bad write up but i've found this one not too bad...I live in a hard water area so it pretty much doesn't matter what you have it's open to attack.

oh sorry mate, no the primary should be fine as you have no probs in ch heating mode

I meant that the DHW exhanger, the primary side can block up and then the water does not circulate around it to the primary and back again

sorry for not being clear

another problem with a halstead (sucks in air does best victor meldrew impersination) I DO...... NOT BELEEEEEEEEEEIVE IT! rapidly going off idea of mine being fixed... thinks ill buy a new 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back