Halstead Quattro boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please please help.... I do not know the faintest things about boilers. Just brought my first home and has a Halstead Quattro boiler, I’ve tried contacting old homeowners through estate agents but being bank holiday I’ve not had any luck...
My question... does the boiler need to be in“on” position for contestant hot water? My problem with this is that even when heating turned all way down my radiators still come on. I’ve had it on “off” and I get no hot water, well it is very luke warm. I’ve tried reading manual but I can’t seem to get an answer. When it is on “off” position and I turn a tap it seems to fire up, but my water just isn’t hot. I just need an idiots guide to how to work it
Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
your boiler is a combination boiler or known as a Combi, when you run a hot water outlet the boiler will sence that a demand is present and will fire as long as the boiler has power, the time clock only controls the heating demand

Thank you, so the switch does not need to be on the “on” position for me to have hot water?

Sponsored Links
Your boiler power switch needs to be on, for hot water. Your heating switch doesn’t need to be on unless you want heating, although if you have a room thermostat then you can leave the heating switch on and turn your room thermostat down to lowest (usually around 5 degrees). If your radiators still come on when heating switch is off or room thermostat is down,you have an issue with where water is being sent, and would need an gas safe engineer, who can work on boilers. Hope this helps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back