halstead quattro combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have installed a new diverter valve to my wickes 2000 boiler aka halstead quattro due to having no hot water. the boiler will now not fire for c/h or h/w . if i open the hot tap the d/v works as it should the pump runs nothing else after that. the boiler is pressurized to 1.2 bar. before i changed the d/v the c/h worked fine. i do not have the manual. i suspect it could be the flow switch but i can not see it any advice would be grateful

Sponsored Links
as i remember your boiler doesn't have a flow switch (i could be wrong). The next in the sequence should be the fan.

weargas thanks for the reply with you saying there is no flow switch should i have 240 v at the fan, why do you think it worked for c/h before and not now. thanks

Sponsored Links
The basic operation sequence of this boiler is, call for heat ,fan starts, pump starts, diverter directs water flow, air pressure switch senses air flow , gas valve opens,if after 10 secs if no flame green neon goes out.
at what point does it stop?

call for heat run a tap, fan not spinning pump working d/v switches correctly nothing else

i mean there is no primary flow switch (switch operated by pump running). The fan and pump are energised at the same time. If the fan fails the aps stops ignition. If the pump fails the boiler will simply overheat (not a great set up)

kevplumb ive only got a neon screwdriver at the mo when held on the fan connections it showed no power at the fan but neons can be a bit crap

ratonnastick said:
The basic operation sequence of this boiler is, call for heat ,fan starts, pump starts, diverter directs water flow, air pressure switch senses air flow , gas valve opens,if after 10 secs if no flame green neon goes out.
at what point does it stop?

if the fan fails to start first check over heat cut off reset (this can be faulty) if there is 240 at the fan then you need to check the overrun stat wiring

as far as i can tell on the underside its about 2" across with a little push swith in the middle (might be hidden by case)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back