halstead quattro combi

thanks raronnastick ive re set it but still no joy i cant understand why the c/h worked before and not now

Sponsored Links
if the fan fails to run, the air pressure switch will not allow the gas valve to open, you need to follow the start up sequence to find the fault

Sponsored Links
if i suck on the air pressure switch will that simulate the fan is runnig if that doesnt work is the fan the problem

ratonnastick ive tried the aps still no joy i could here the microswitches in the aps clicking

This not a reasoned suggestion - just something to check - the microswitches on the diverter valve - do they all/both get operated correctly going both ways?

And check the connections onto the pcb's. You're looking for something which is not common to both ch and hw

chris r i have checked all the connections all seems correct the boiler was working in c/h mode before the d/v was changed

sorry had to go to bed . right the overheat cut off inturupts the fan if there is a fault on the boiler causing the boiler to shut down ,if the fan is not running its either the fan or the supply to the fan which is faulty,the power supply to the fan is wired through the overheat cut out, if you took it apart your may have activated the cut off or not put the wires back in place , or even damaged the thermostat tube (very thin copper pipe attached to the reset switch) all these parts should be under the diverter you changed.

now i didnt tell you this so dont tell anybody else

take the wires off the oh stat and link them
oh yes turn the power off

if boiler runs dodgy stat if not put them back and look elswere :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back