hand held scabblers

ive never tried that before thats a good idea i like it.
ive only ever used water based once and hated it and it took actual days to go offwe told the client it would be dry by 24 hours (well walkable) 24 hours later get a call "ermm went into the kitchen today and yeah, theres footprints everywhere and puddles of latex on the surface " :eek: when we got there he wernt wrong it was so wet im sure a goldfish could have lived in it haha opps. soo yeah i hate water based stuff now (he says shakeing his fist)

Sponsored Links
i would go for the latex option as your goin to try to get the high spot out then if you just go that little but further you can back fill and feather out with latex and your floor will be the same height as the original floor but without the high spot, no disrespect to roy it just seems a lot less messing around to latex the newly made low spot out. ;) and like i said if you did get the hump and used a breaker and went too far just do the same fill the hole with latex with grano chippings this stuff sets rock hard use it all the time then just top with a smooth latex.

Maybe your right jr but I am old school and I prefer the old methods to the new sometimes, and time is not my master with the customers I work for and the work I do. Always have and always will be an "hourly rate" man. Too old to change now.. ;) :LOL:

ive only ever used stopgap so i dnt know any different really but i spose thats because i like it so i keep useing it ;)
steve you can use it between i would research the 2 type of latex that me and plstrng have suggested as i have only ever used the one i said and plstrng has used both.
know which one id use wink wink nudge nudge haha ;) ;)
so if i scrabble or grind the floor all over could i then give it a screed of latex mixed with grano? all over? and will it level out the same or will it be stiff?

Sponsored Links
youll only need to use the granno chipings for holes over 20 mm.
take out the high spot with the scrabbler then scrabble the rest of the floor to flatten down a bit. clean it up.
131 prime the floor then 128 latex the floor without the chippings.
again only use chippins to build out the holes say if you used the breaker to get the hump out and you got a bit trigger happy

not bad jr good plane but i still say mapel is the best all round

haha plstrng i fear we will not agree on the brand but im glad we agree on the way to go about it.
as i said ive never used mapel so i dnt really know which one is better. but ive used alot of the stopgap, we did most of tooting hospital in the stuff. lovley bita donald to spread

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power+Tool+Accessories/Diamond+Blades/Diamond+Concrete+Grinding+Disc+100x22mm+Double+Row/d80/sd1450/p62515

See if that is any use to you mate, I find it good for ridges and to work out over small areas, very dusty mind but cheap and worth having in the tool collection.
hi john, how good is that grinder would it do say2or 3m square? also what does it leave the surface like?

It leaves the floor smooth mate, accuracy is awkward as it is only 4" across, it would do as much as you want it to. for £20ish it may be worth a punt to knock the high spots right down ready for self leveler.

You can get a big floor grinder which has a water feed and has three diamond grinding blocks in it, loads of work though and much much messier.

The grinder attachment i shown may help you out if you try it, although if you are a little skint then perhaps leave it, if you can afford to splash the £20ish then I find it useful to have on the van for odds and sods here and there. If you were local you could have a try of mine and see if it would be any good to you, sadly you arn't!

It leaves the floor smooth mate, accuracy is awkward as it is only 4" across, it would do as much as you want it to. for £20ish it may be worth a punt to knock the high spots right down ready for self leveler.

You can get a big floor grinder which has a water feed and has three diamond grinding blocks in it, loads of work though and much much messier.

The grinder attachment i shown may help you out if you try it, although if you are a little skint then perhaps leave it, if you can afford to splash the £20ish then I find it useful to have on the van for odds and s***s here and there. If you were local you could have a try of mine and see if it would be any good to you, sadly you arn't!
its ok john im not skint lol ive seen one on e bay for £15 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIAMOND-CONCR..._Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item5d2a5c7224,its got to be worth a bash, even if it takes me all day

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
As I said mate, even if it's no good on the floor it will come in useful somewhere, someday!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back