Hanging a Stable Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have got an oak stable door and door lining to replace an existing external door. Any tips on how to do this as painlessley as possible?

many thanks

Alex

Sponsored Links
if you can temporerily clamp/nail/screw the 2 halves together you will have both halves on the same arc with no problems around the curve

Hi

I have got an oak stable door and door lining to replace an existing external door. Any tips on how to do this as painlessley as possible?

many thanks

Alex

Make sure the horse is out in the field. A kick of one will cripple you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As Big-all says, if you can,,,, fix both halves of the door together until it's hanging.
;) ;)

Hi

many thanks

Alex

Make sure the horse is out in the field. A kick of one will cripple you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As Big-all says, if you can,,,, fix both halves of the door together until it's hanging.

To late the horse has bolted. Good idea to fix both together will remember that in future. Foamit
;) ;)

Sponsored Links
if you can temporerily clamp/nail/screw the 2 halves together you will have both halves on the same arc with no problems around the curve

should there be an allowance for a gap between the bottom and top doors? I do not know how to effectively secure the 2 halves together without the extra pieces of wood not interfering with the hinges?! any advice would be welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back