Hanging blinds from sloped ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice or a solution to fitting blinds on a sloped ceiling.

As you can see from the photo i have mounted the blinds inside the opening, but the problem i have is that i can't open the door inwards, because the rail is blocking it. If i put the blinds on the very top of the wall the doors still hits the hooks, so doesn't open.

Is there anyway that i could put a rail on the ceiling, above the opening? You'll see that the ceiling is at a slight slop, so i can't use the rail i have. Angled rails? Angled hooks? It's a shame not to be able to make use of the door, especially with this warm weather.

This is in my living room, so i really need something across the doors.

Thank you in advance
Dom

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_0373.JPG
    IMG_0373.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 627
Sponsored Links
you would have to form a triangular box about 2 or 3 inches up the roof so the blind frame clears the door when it opens so you blinds will be raised off the ground the same amount

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back