Hanging Blinds on plasterboard recess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the loft bedroom I want to hand some blinds. The blinds were supplied with 2 end brackets and 2 more support brackets each take two screws. However the walls are plasterboard and hollow all the way around.

Can I use these to install the blinds? Are these recommended?
20160630_185724.jpg

Sponsored Links
These things work well enough if there is enough space for the device to push into, once the 12mm hole is drilled.
Personally I prefer hollow wall anchors.....a bit more up to date! The holes they need are smaller too.
John :)

I think you're right, the spring toggles wont work any way because it seems theres the hard loft insulation right behind the plasterboard.

Will the hollow wall anchors work with there being the hard insulation behind?

If by insulation you mean the slab stuff such as Celotex then yes they will.....I tend to scoop the stuff out of the way as best I can with a thin angled blade.
A setting tool, although not essential, is useful for hollow wall anchors.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The hollow wall anchors are so much better. Having the option to unscrew and adjust is great, unable to do so with spring toggles. I got the setting tool with the wall anchors which makes things so much easier.

I ended up finding a narrow wood beam in the middle of the recess, used 1 wood screw and 1 wall anchor per the 4 fixing. Seem very solid.

Thanks for the help Burnerman!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back